Question on the Critical Language Scholarship

Greetings! I am currently in the process of applying for the Critical Language Scholarship to study Hindi. Part of one of the essay question prompts is "How will you continue to study this language after the CLS Program?" My boyfriend is an Indian man and we plan to marry someday in the future and have children. One of my big motivations for applying for this program is so that I can communicate with his friends and family in Hindi, and raise bilingual children. Of course, I have professional and academic motivations as well, as I am a social scientist with interests in doing research in India. My question is, do you think it would be inappropriate to include that I plan to continue to study this language through my relationship with him and his friends and family? Would it be better to leave this out completely and just discuss the use the language would have to me as a social scientist, and how I can continue to study the language by doing research in India?

submitted by /u/emls
[link] [comments]

from بڑبڑاشی | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Okqy16
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments