Passive vocabulary -> Active

Hello, i'm currently expanding my vocabulary in english, which is my second language. The procedure i follow is:

read books > find unknown words > look up the definition and make up sentences with them > load them on anki.

This helps tremendously my passive vocabulary (i have learnt 500 new words in a little over a year), not so much my active though. Do you have any tips on making these passive new words, active?

I am planning to go to study in the netherlands next year, so i will have to speak english with people and stuff, but for now consider my computer the only medium that i can use the english language.

thanks!

edit: for example i thought that maybe i could write down 4-5 passive words each day, and use them in my reddit comments. it would be better to hear a successfully tested method by someone who has done it before though.

submitted by /u/OddBed
[link] [comments]

from بڑبڑاشی | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2yikAU9
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments