Learning A language with a lisp

So basically I have a speech impediment, or lisp if that’s what you know it as, that makes me unable to pronounce certain sounds. When I was younger I took special classes to fix it but haven’t gone since I was about 10 (I’m 18 now). It’s not awful but it’s still very much there. My speech just sounds slurred or...mushy and I don’t have any certain sounds that are really bad except maybe my R’s. This never bothered me to much but now I’m wanting to learn Italian and I’m scared that because of my lisp I won’t be able to pronounce things right and no one will understand me. Any tips or advice? Should I try a different language or should I scrap learning a new language altogether?

submitted by /u/Peachstats
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2AgaswI
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments