I want to get better at Hindi, but I’m not really a fan of Bollywood or pop songs. What are some other fun ways to improve your conversational Hindi and your ability to handle yourself in different situations?

For example, I was wondering if anyone knew of any Indian Youtubers who don’t speak too fast and/or have English subtitles.

I know there are some interesting Youtube show series where they speak in Hindi and have English subs, but I’d like to know if there are any Indian Youtubers who do short comic videos (like Cyprien or Norman, for those of you who are learning French) or like to talk about film, video games, and just pop culture in general. I also enjoy watching Youtubers who talk about cultural differences between countries.

I am full-Indian but, because my mom grew up in the US, we didn’t speak Hindi that often at home and so I only know a few basic words/phrases. For the past few years I kept saying to myself that I was going to improve my Hindi, but now I plan to make that dream a reality, especially since I’ve gotten back into learning languages.

I was also planning on using apps like Hellotalk and Memrise. Do you guys have any other study resources to recommend me? What’s the best English-Hindi dictionary, in your opinion?

submitted by /u/dragonbug330
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2OxdWno
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments