An in-depth study of the basis of all language and communication. [Question]

Hello all! I've been a lurker for a few months and I was hoping to get some direction from you all. I've scoured over the resources provided in this sub, but most of what I have seen tends to be language specific.

I am currently learning Spanish, which will be my second language. In doing so, I have realized, maybe like many of you, how much I don't actually understand about my native language. In many wonderful ways, I have been forced to look at my native language differently and to begin understanding its structure rather than just knowing what sounds right through exposure.

One of my current hang ups with Spanish is in regards to DOs and IOs, especially with Spanish utilizing the reflexive form in many more instances than English. However, I am realizing that this problem has less to do with the Spanish language and more to do with my lack of an intuitive understanding of DOs and IOs. This just happens to be where I am currently, but I am sure there are many other fundamental areas where I also lack that deep intuitive understanding.

I would like to start dedicating some time to understanding the fundamentals of language itself, rather than just on one particular implementation of it. Some of you may have already gone down this path or already have a great fundamental understanding of language and I was hoping you could pass along some tips and/or resources.

This may be a specific field of study that already exists, Language Arts maybe, but I haven't had much luck finding what I am looking for when searching for that key word.

Thank you all for your time and thoughts. :)

submitted by /u/ELIPhive
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2NM0lDb
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments