I'm stuck on the fence between learning a language I absolutely adore, vs. learning one I like and will get more practical use out of. Advice?

I absolutely adore the French language.. always have, even since I was a kid. I've already spent some time learning French but fell off the wagon for about a year now.

I'd like to get back into it, but stuck on the fence between:

  1. Learning French. I absolutely adore this language, but admittedly live in the USA and don't have anyone to speak French with. I also have no way of knowing if I'll ever be able to actually be around any French speaking population/group.

  2. Learning Spanish. I like Spanish, but it's not my #1 language love. I'd definitely get more use out of this language because it's much easier to find other Spanish-speaking people, especially where I'm moving (California).

I know I can learn both, but I don't know if I'll have the discipline/willpower/determination to learn both.

Any advice/personal experiences with this kind of thing? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/samandraaa
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2J6k5TL
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments