Phrasal Verbs With Put and Their Meanings in English - Learn Online English Speaking

phrasal verbs with put and their meanings

Phrasal verbs with 'Put' activities in English with their meaning

A Phrasal Verb consists of a verb and a preposition or adverb that changes the meaning. In this lesson let us learn the common phrasal verbs with put to use them in your daily conversation.

Phrasal Verbs - Put off - Postpone / To delay
Example - They put off the conference until next Friday.

Phrasal Verbs - Put up with - To tolerate
Example - I can't put up with him anymore,he's driving me crazy.

Phrasal Verbs - Put through - To connect somebody on phone
Example - Could you put me through to the supervisor please.

It also means - To make someone experience something very unpleasant
Example - He's put me through hell.

Phrasal Verbs - Put across - To communicate something
Example - I just want to put across my point to him.

Phrasal Verbs - Put down - to insult/humiliate
Example - My boss always puts me down in front of my co-workers.

It also means - Painless killing of an animal
Example - Our dog was suffering so we had to put her down.

Phrasal Verbs - Put on - To become fat
Example - He has put on a lot of weight.

It also means - To wear something
Example - Can I put on this dress for my birthday party?

Like Us On Facebook For Daily FREE English Learning Tutorials

Click Here To Learn More                                                                                      Learn English Grammar  | Vocabulary Words With Meaning and Sentence in English  | Free Complete English Grammar Video Tutorial Series  | Tense in English Video | Basic english Learning Videos Tutorials | English Idioms and Phrases Tutorial  | Daily Use English Words And Sentences  | English Grammar Verb Tutorial | Confusing Words In English with Sentences  | English Phrasal Verbs With Meaning and Examples  | Prepositions in English Grammar Exercises  |

Comments